Casual Community Support Worker Positions Available
PDACL currently has opportunities available for the position of Casual Community Support Worker. The Casual Community Support Worker provides support to clients with developmental disabilities. Support will be provided in the community, and in the PDACL day programs. The incumbent supports the quality of life for the client by ensuring that physical, social, and health needs are met. Opportunities for social interaction, community integration and recreational opportunities will be provided to the individual being supported. The incumbent will perform other related duties as required.
This is a casual support position with a usual work schedule of 8:30 am – 3:45 pm, although some flexibility in hours will be required.
Successful applicants will have the following qualifications:
- Diploma in a related Human/Social Services field, and
- a minimum of 1 year recent related experience as a Community Support Worker supporting individuals with developmental disabilities, or
- an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Demonstrated ability to provide support & teach skills to individuals with a developmental disability
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written documentation skills
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making and critical thinking skills
- Good planning, organizing, analyzing and judgment skills
- Good knowledge of theory, values and practices in community living
- Demonstrated ability to work alone and unsupervised, as well as part of a team
- Basic Computer skills
- Current Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Negative TB Test
- Satisfactory Completion of Physician’s Medical
- Unrestricted Class 4 BC Driver’s License
- Valid WCB approved First Aid and CPR Certifications
- Experience in implementing Person Centered Program plans
- Experience working with clients who present with challenging behaviours
- SIVA training and Food Safe certificates are assets
This position requires BCGEU union membership and is open to both male and female applicants.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates interested in this exciting, challenging opportunity should mail, e-mail, or fax their application form, resume and cover letter to: (Please no phone calls)