Inclusion Parksville Society is seeking qualified persons who could dedicate their time to work with Persons with Developmental Disabilities. Successful applicants will work with dedicated team members who are committed to enhancing the lives of our persons served.
Inclusion Parksville Society is an equal opportunity employer; we encourage all individuals to submit an Application for Employment. To ensure the best possible care for the persons served by Inclusion Parksville Society, the Society will give preference to those applicants with experience in supporting people with developmental disabilities in a community setting, and/or relevant post-secondary education. Additional specifications may be required on a case-by-case basis, as per individual contract requirements based on the needs of the person served.
Casual Community Support Worker (CSW)
Inclusion Parksville Society currently has opportunities available for the position of Casual Community Support Worker. The Casual Community Support Worker provides support to clients with developmental disabilities. Support will be provided in the community, and in the Inclusion Parksville Society day programs. The incumbent supports the quality of life for the client by ensuring that physical, social, and health needs are met. Opportunities for social interaction, community integration and recreational opportunities will be provided to the individual being supported. The incumbent will perform other related duties as required.
This is a casual support position with a usual work schedule of 8:30 am – 3:45 pm, although some flexibility in hours will be required.
Successful applicants will have the following qualifications:
• Diploma in a related Human/Social Services field, and
• A minimum of 1 year recent related experience as a CSW supporting individuals with developmental disabilities, or
• An equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Demonstrated ability to provide support & teach skills to individuals with a developmental disability
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written documentation skills
• Excellent problem solving, decision-making and critical thinking skills
• Good planning, organizing, analyzing and judgment skills
• Good knowledge of theory, values and practices in community living
• Demonstrated ability to work alone and unsupervised, as well as part of a team
• Basic Computer skills
• Current Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
• Negative TB Test
• Satisfactory Completion of Physician’s Medical
• Unrestricted Class 4 BC Driver’s License
• Valid WCB approved First Aid and CPR Certifications
• Experience in implementing Person Centered Program plans
• Experience working with clients who present with challenging behaviours
• American Sign Language (ASL), SIVA Training and Food Safe are desirable assets.
This position requires BCGEU union membership and is open to both male and female applicants.
Interested applicants should mail, e-mail, or fax their application form (DOWNLOAD HERE), resume and cover letter (no phone calls, please) to:
Address: Inclusion Parksville Society Box 578, 249 Hirst Avenue West. Parksville, BC V9P 2G6